Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grocery Store and Habitual food

My family and I go grocery shopping about once every two weeks. When we go shopping we usually buy the same stuff, which is usually a variety of things. As for fruits and vegetables we buy a lot of strawberries, bananas, grapes and oranges. We buy plums and other things not as often; my father loves peanuts so we always buy at least a jar of peanuts. My family does not eat red meat so when we go shopping we buy a lot of fish, turkey and chicken. When I go to grocery stores I notice that the first thing I see are cans of sodas and bags of chips, always. Then what I see next are the fruits and vegetable section and that confuses me because its like do they want us to eat a lot of junk food or be healthy?

My favorite meals are anything breakfast because I feel as though whenever I have a good breakfast I feel much better during the day. My family and I don't eat red meat as stated before and that I think allows us to eat a variety of foods more often then other people because we try and see what we can eat to substitute for the red meat (beef and pork). My usual diet pattern is usually what my family eats, like I don't drink a lot of soda because I grew up not being allowed to drink a lot of soda.

1 comment:

Russell Roubin said...

I agree with what you said about not drinking soda’s because you grew up not drinking sodas. I think that’s the same about a lot of things that if you don’t grow up doing it, or eating it, or drinking it you develop this block against it. And it’s the same with my supermarket. Right after you leave the produce section you run into the sodas and chips so it doesn’t make any sense.